Three years ago I began to volunteer at a daycare for community service hours for martin Luther King day and we had to talk about what we did and how we helped the community. Every since I been at the same daycare and helping the same kids and the new ones that come in as well. During the summer I'm there from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm to help out with the kids and to make activities and games for the kids to enjoy. Outside the camp/Daycare they also do some community things like tennis at Author Ashe, Swim lessons, and go to different playgrounds outside of Philadelphia.
As well as they learn new things and meet new people the counselors and myself do too. We go on a number of trips through out the summer. Every week they go on at least two plus trips a week. We also have spirit days on our rainy days. For my service learning project I plan to make a slide show of the things that take place. I also plan to explain the different activities that they do and the kids point of view on how much they enjoy their days there. Then I will present it at the service learning fair.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment